On Mar 23, 2010, at 10:02 PM, Dick wrote:

> Here are my thoughts on a 10 Meter Split-Site Repeater
> configuration: Comments solicited.
>
> Receiver Site: A MASTR II UHF Mobile using the 10 Meter
> Receiver from the MASTR II Base. Reduced power output to
> (tbd) for UHF link.

I've seen this done with a MASTR II mobile on 6m, so 10m should also be
"do-able".  In the case of the 6m system, only exciter power was needed/used
into a UHF yagi pointed at the other site.

Some "smart" users eventually figured out that they could transmit on the UHF
link pair to talk on 6m and listen there also.  LOL.  Both of the systems were
on top of mountains, and the coverage of the exciters, even on yagis pointed at
each other, was impressive. :-)

> I need some suggestions for PL Encoder & Decoder for each
> site.

This system was so long ago, it was using TS-32's, I believe. If not, it was
the stock GE boards...

> Plans now are for an NHRC-4 Controller at the Receive Site
> and a PSE-508-2 at the Transmit Site.

Why mix manufacturers?  It'll make maintenance for the "next guy" someday
harder.

Also curious what you're going to use for 10m antennas...

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X
n...@natetech.com