At 08:16 AM 04/12/10, you wrote:
>I'm making plans to link my 2-meter repeater to a 220 mhz hub
>repeater. What type of transceiver, radios, etc is best for a 220
>link ? Thanks !

One big question is what's your duty cycle going to be?

Another is what is your potential desense going to be?
Back before we lost 220-222 one system in an area that
used in-high and out-low on UHF was going to use a couple
of low end channels as inbound link frequencies until he did
the math...  There was no way he could make a 250w
system near 441.750 live with a receiver near 220.800. He
ended up using 900 Mhz for the links.  After we lost 220-221
he was happy he had gone that route.

It would be interesting to do a survey of 220-222 and see
just how used it is.  It might be worth filing the FCC paperwork
to get it back.

Mike