  From: Jeff DePolo
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, April 26, 2010 12:11 PM
  Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Mitreks as UHF Repeaters?

  Because of the internal desense issue, I'd build them the same, but operate
  the two radios separately. That is, use one as a transmitter and the other
  as the receiver by default. No duplex mods required. If the Tx dies on
  one, swap the system cables around to make the formerly-transmitter radio
  the receiver, and vice-versa. You could even automate the changeover via a
  couple of coaxial relays and some simple homebrew transistor and/or relay
  logic tied into your controller.

  --- Jeff WN3A