On 4/28/2010 6:19 PM, Mike Besemer (WM4B) wrote:
> Can anybody identify the signal in the attached file?  It appears on 158.275
> +/- 5 KHz or so.  I set my receiver to AM mode for this recording.  It does
> appear in FM and NFM, but not as clearly.  Note that the PRF is not fixed...
> it does vary over time.  It is audible over a fairly large (10 - 12 miles
> that I've checked so far) area.
>
> I doubt that is has anything to do with the pager interference I've been
> having, but it does happen to be just about half of our suspected mix
> frequency of around 316.6 MHz.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike
> WM4B

That signal sounds much like one I am hearing up here in Central MA on
the MURS frequencies. It rotates through all 5 frequencies somewhat
randomly and I hear it over a 4-5 mile radius. Fortunately, it is 20
miles from my home so it doesn't bother me on a daily basis but I do
hear it during my normal commute.

- Rob