shameless plug, right Ken?

Don, KD9PT

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ken Arck
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, May 03, 2010 4:03 PM
  Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] IDEA? Re: Micor PL encoder modification
(TLN5731A)

  At 01:56 PM 5/3/2010, Don Kupferschmidt wrote:
  >There was an earlier post concerning grounding a pin on the backplane which
  >instantly disables the PL tone on the transmitter. I've got a VHF unified
  >chassis MICOR which is controlled by an SCOM 7K controller. I used one of
  >the digital outputs of the controller and tied it directly to the PL disable
  >connection on the backplane.

  <----I was gonna say.....a LOT of overkill suggestions are being made
  when the quick and very simple solution is to use the tools Motorola
  gave with Micors.

  I've used this method myself and it works flawlessly. Of course I use
  one of our controllers however :-)

  Ken
  President and CTO - Arcom Communications
  Makers of repeater controllers and accessories.
  http://www.arcomcontrollers.com/
  Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and Telewave and
  we offer complete repeater packages!
  AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
  http://www.irlp.net
  "We don't just make 'em. We use 'em!"