I would look for some of the 12" VHF pass cans. You want the true pass cavities
that have two connectors. Motorola, GE, DB Products and possibly others made
them. They show up surplus every so often and for a 600 KHz close spaced 2
Meter repeater they really shine.

>From past experience with a good preselector type receiver front end and a
>pair of these cavities 30 feet may be very do-able. Heliax is a must and you
>may have to be careful of how much preamp you may or may not be able to get
>away with on the receiver.

Isolation is what you are after here and it can come in many different ways.
Isolation in a repeater system is just like speed with a fast car, you can
never have too much of it.

Good Luck,
Joe - WA7JAW