Henry,

I have an RP-3010 that someone reprogrammed the callsign for me.  That
was back in 1999, he may still be around and willing to program your
EPROM possibly for a small fee.  Email me direct and I'll see if he is
interested, if his email address is still good.

The original ICOM controller is very, very simplistic and does some
annoying things. I would not waste my time reprogramming it.  There are
some inexpensive controllers out there that would run circles around the
stock ICOM controller.

73, Joe, K1ike