I would look for some of the newer radios like the SM50/SM120 series or even
newer CDM series of radios from Motorola. The early pc programmed Motorola
radios (Spectra, Maxtrac, Radius 100..etc)draw a LOT of standby current and are
not the best option for a solar site. The radios need to be current friendly
unless you have a lot of battery and solar panels with power to waste.

Joe - WA7JAW