From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of kerincom
Sent: Monday, 28 June 2010 08:19 AM
To: mail=repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Coax shielding

Hi skip .The repeater radios are maxon sm4450sc and the link is a tait
t2010.The test I have tried in the past have been definitely point to the link
being the problem as when we turn the link off the repeater works to its full
range but with it on we get desence.
We used to have the link closer to the repeaters aprox 487mhz but we shifted it
to 517mhz to fix desense and we find we are still having problems.I think the
white noise could be the issue but I  tried a notch on the link cable tuned to
the  repeaters receive and that seem to cause more interference and weaken the
links Transmit range.I wondered about putting a BP cavity filter inline with
the link but since our link frequencies are 5.2mhz apart I feel you can only
tuned the filter for either TX or rx frequencies and not  both
Unless maybe you can install two in pararell ,one  tuned to TX and the other rx
.

Thank You,
Ian Wells,
Kerinvale Comaudio,
3A Murchison Street,Biloela.4715
Ph 0749922449 or 0409159932 or 0749922574
www.kerinvalecomaudio.com.au<http://www.kerinvalecomaudio.com.au/>