Full View

This weekend we had a CDF repeater stolen from the Ben Bolte site in El Dorado
Hills.  It disappeared somewhere between Saturday evening and Sunday morning.
>What I would like is for your folks to keep their ears open for any talk about
>new equipment, specifically Daniels equipment.  This repeater is a Daniels
>MT-4E
>repeater with a Daniels model P11-5EA1-05-004 power amplifier (100 Watt) and 2
>Liberty LS12-100 batteries.
>

>The repeater unit has both a Telecom Service Number sticker on it as well as a
>CDF Property Number sticker.
>

>This had to be someone who had authorized access to this site or someone
>disclosed access information to someone.  Whoever stole the repeater knew what
>they were after and how to access this site.  There was no damage to site, the
>rack or other equipment in our rack or the rack next to ours.  In fact, they
>left 2 GE MASTR III radios untouched in the rack next to ours.  In our rack,
>they left the duplexer (6 cavity), the power supply and the IM panel.  Al l
>this
>adds up to someone who knows radio, this site and wanted a repeater,
>specifically a Daniels as they probably have programming capabilities.
>

>Thanks for keeping your ears open.

A subsequent message puts the actual repeater vault location as an American
Towers vault above Ione in Amador County.

--
John "Smokey Behr" Gleichweit FF1/EMT, CCNA, MCSE
IPN-CAL023 N6FOG UP Fresno Sub MP183.5 ECV1852