I don't know about your neck of the woods, but one of the local ham groups
picked up a Desktrac already tuned on the ham band to their frequency for $125
with the service manual. It does not have enough of a transmit duty cycle for
their semi-busy ham system so it is sitting on the shelf. First $100 will take
it off their hands, so they are hard to sell here on the West Coast, even when
they are cheap.

Good Luck and I hope you find a buyer for your unit.
Joe - WA7JAW