--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Schafer" <gascha...@...> wrote:

> The other thing involved if you are going to do power factor correction is
> that it needs to be done on EACH motor or inductive device.

That's the best way, and we did do that, but it can be useful to float some
amount of capacitance across the line.  We did this where I worked.  We had
five primary substations that we owned, with their (obviously) inductive
transformers, plus enough random loads going on and off all night.  Our PF
maybe have been above 1.0 at times, but we didn't worry about it.  Our billed
PF was always above .90, so we earned a nice $100-150 credit to our monthly
bill.

> Trying to sell power factor correction to home owners and small business' is
> a scam. You save nothing on your bill!

Yep!

> 73
>
> Gary  K4FMX