From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:repeater-buil...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of kg6ziu
Sent: Sunday, August 29, 2010 8:38 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Wouxun Radio

Terry,

I wondered the same question about a year ago and discovered that they are
type-accepted. Not that I would allow one on a system that I was in charge
of for PS work. I looked on the FCC website and saw that they were...

There is nothing saying that they can't be used on a HAM system though.

Hope this helps,

Phil KK6PE

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:Repeater-Builder%40yahoogroups.com> , "terry dalpoas" <km...@...>
wrote:

> This may be a dumb question, but I'll ask anyway. I saw some dual band
portables on eBay, new for about $100, made by Wouxun. I doubt very much
they are FCC type accepted. Is it okay to use these on amateur frequencies?
Thanks in advance.