Paul,

no fluro lights on site.  Actually no lighting at all - the site is solar
powered so little capacity for lighting.

No repeater ocntroller - the RX is directly connected to TX via a very simple
(passive) audio and PTT circuit.

I believe it is an IM product because the RX requires a CTCSS tone to open and
the only TX on site that has the correct tone is my TX.  Also the interference
is only present when my TX is active, and the hollow pipe sound on the audio
does sound like audio feed back you'd expect if your own TX was part of the mix.

With a spectrum analyser in the RX signal path I can see the intermod products
appear when the TX is active.  They are at approx 30kHz intervals across the RX
half of the duplexer band pass.

Cheers,

Brett