Rich,
While there have been a lot of good suggestions thrown at you, you are fighting
an uphill battle without knowing the spec's that were obtained when the
duplexer was re-tuned the last time or finding someone with a tracking
generator or network analyzer to verify the duplexer tuning.

Simple method to eliminate coax and/or antenna as possible source of your
desense is to tune it up with a good VHF dummy load. I make the repeater work
as good as possible running into a dummy load before I connect it to an antenna.

If you discover that as others have stated and I also have found out the same
results, that your duplexer may not have enough isolation, I recommend adding a
12" pass cavity between the transmitter and the duplexer as the first step. If
you are still a little short on isolation, then the addition of another 12"
pass cavity between the receiver and the duplexer may be necessary. I always
try the cavity on the transmitter side first. For this you need a true pass
cavity, one that has two connectors and no notch adjustment. Motorola, GE, and
DB-Products for starters have made these 12" pass cavities since the 70's.
These pass cavities can often be found used for a reasonable price.

600 KHz split repeaters can be a challenge. I personally like to see a little
over 100 db of isolation, especially if you have a decent preamp added to the
receiver.  Kevin is dead-on about how clean tubes can be compared to solid
state PA's. I can run our UHF Micor tube repeaters at 150 watts with a Angle
Linear preamp on the receiver, with less isolation required from the duplexer,
than the same Micor repeater with a 75 watt solid state PA requires for no
desense.

For example, I have a Motorola Micor 2 Meter 147.250/147.850 repeater running
in my garage on my test duplexer, which is a Sinclair 6 can that has about 94
db of isolation. I have the transmitter set at 60 Watts. With no preamp, I have
no desense and some headroom before any desense would occur. With the factory
12 db gain Micor preamp, I have no desense, and a little headroom before
desense would occur. With a Angle Linear or ARR preamp with higher gain, I have
about 5 db of desense. To eliminate the desense would require another 5 db of
isolation from the duplexer, which would put it at just about 100 to 102 db of
required isolation from the duplexer.

Good luck and let us know how you are progressing.

Joe - WA7JAW