> > > I found that you can type 'r' or 's' in the Retrospect Client's Wait at
> > > Shutdown dialog and the computer will either restart or shut down
> > > appropriately. Probably would solve your problem.
> >
> >I wonder if that's new, as I've tried it in the past with no result when
> >the bouncing Dantz was visible.
>
> It's been there for years, but you must bring up the dialog for it to
> work (not in screensaver mode). Wiggling the mouse or hitting the KB
> will bring the dialog up when the screensaver is running.

Nope. I just thought of this last week and changing the wait at backup
to NO has fixed it in every case. Tapping the space bar and moving the
mouse doesn't bring it back up. It appears if the energy saver turns the
screen off but nothing else and the does a shutdown with the Retro
client set to wait you're in limbo land. But interesting enough File
Sharing is still up and going. <G>