Hi all,

    I see this behavior:  When I run a backup on some PCs, a number of
the same documents will be listed as an "execution error" with the
"can't read file <filename>, error -43 (file/folder not found)".

    Now, I know this message occurs if the file is
moved/deleted/modified *during* the backup process (as this
frequently happens on "new" backups of machines that take hours and
are in use at the time).

    But the same sets of files on the same set of computers report
these errors even on repeated incremental backups after the initial
backup.

    When I contact the users, they indicate they can open the files on
their end with no problems.

    Any suggestions as to what's going on here?  The backup server
machines are running Retrospect 4.3 on the Mac and the target clients
are running the Windows gamut from Win98/WinME/WinNT/Win2000 -- all
running the 5.15 client.

- Steve
--

Steve Maser ([EMAIL PROTECTED])    | Thinking is man's only basic virtue,
Systems Project Coordinator      | from which all the others proceed.