Hello,

Why doesn't Dantz change the situation to Clients announcing themselves to the
Server? It's a much beter scheme i think. It would also be better for a running
Backup Server 'script'. It could start backing up immediatelly when a client
announces itself. I'm having simular problems and it's only in the following
combination of factors:

Windows 2000
Service Pack 1 installed
DHCP
3com 3c905[B|C]-TX Network card
A machine above a certain speed (somewhere between 166 en 350 MHz)

It's not a problem with leases getting expired. In my situation it looks like
Retrospect's Client is binding to an ip address on startup and ignores further
changes. My problem is that the machine gets an ip address (same as ever) from
the dhcp server AFter Retrospect's Client binds to the ip address of the
network interface, so it's listening on the wrong ip address.  My workaround is
a batch file in the client's startup menu, which stops and starts Retrospect.
Works fine for me.

.....hmmmmm

Heh, now that i think about it, if the client would announce itself to the
server, it would announce with a wrong ip address too, so that wouldn't help my
situation :) But it would avoid dhcp lease expiry problems, that are reported
on this list a lot.

Cheers,
martijn

Once upon a 05-03-2001, Irena Solomon hit keys in the following order: