I apologize for reopening a dead thread on the list, but I just
wanted to share.

Running Retrospect 4.2 on a Quadra 950 with 40 MB RAM over built-in
ethernet to our ASIP server, I get 13-16 MB/min.

Having moved Retrospect and the tape drive over to the server* (after
addressing stability concerns) and upgrading to 4.3, I get 25-40
MB/min.

*PowerMac 9500/132
    Using Seagate Travan tape drive (using byte-by-byte confirmation for safety)
    Tape drive connected to external built-in SCSI interface
    Initio Miles 40 MB/sec SCSI card
    7200 RPM Atlas III drives

--
Eric Zylstra