At 12:14 PM -0700 3/10/00, Todd Reed wrote:
>I figure that if I have 'verify' turned on, and the log doesn't
>indicate a problem that the database files are getting backed up
>okay. Is this the experience of the list, or should I be practicing
>preventive paranoia?

FileMaker Server keeps a lot of data in a RAM cache. Even if the
database is backed up by Retrospect without errors, I am not sure
that guarantees that the file will be in a known good state.

I recommend preventive paranoia, have FileMaker perform database
copies using its internal scheduling, and use Retrospect to backup
the copies.
--
John Gee                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Dunedin, New Zealand            Programmers live in interesting times...