Hi Mary Ann,

on 25/1/01 12:47 PM, Mary Ann Zhang at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I need to reinstall NT4 server on a backup server and then reinstall
> Retrospect Server v5.
>
> I have some concerns about the existing retro config and scripts being
> retained and
> the 100 or so clients still being able to access the new install.
> If I backup the existing Dantz directory and the catelog directory
> and then restore these after retro has been reinstalled will
> all be (ie: retro scripts and backups) as it now?.........
> Has anyone on this list have experience with this?
> If so do you have any tips and traps you know of.
>
> Given my lack of experience with this process any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

I have had to do this a couple of times (with WinNT Workstation not Server)
and all I did was backup the Dantz directory and catalog directory before
reaching for the OS Restore CD and rebuilding the machine.

After reinstalling Retrospect I just replaced the Dantz directory and
catalog directory with the copies I saved.

It worked for me.

Play it safe ... do a full backup of the backup machine (and a safety)
before embarking on this exercise.  If you have a full backup all will go
well ... bad things usually happen when you don't have a backup.

Cheers,  Malcolm

                       Information Alchemy Pty Ltd
                             ACN 089 239 305
                           Canberra, Australia

Malcolm McLeary                                Mobile:     0412 636 086
Managing Director                              Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

     This message was sent using Outlook Express 5.0 for Macintosh.