On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Jos Vos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  It seems that bash's built-in kill behaves different from /bin/kill,
>  ksh's kill, and from what I would expect (this happens in all the
>  versions of bash that I tested).

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ which kill
/usr/bin/kill
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ ls -l /bin/kill /usr/bin/kill
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 11168 Nov 30 15:35 /bin/kill*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    14 Dec  3 14:17 /usr/bin/kill -> ../../bin/kill*
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$

I do not see it as a builtin. Is there a

Or are you talking about this from man bash:

SIGNALS
       When bash is interactive, in the  absence  of  any  traps,  it  ignores
       SIGTERM (so that kill 0 does not kill an interactive shell), and SIGINT
       is caught and handled (so that the wait builtin is interruptible).   In
       all  cases,  bash  ignores  SIGQUIT.  If job control is in effect, bash
       ignores SIGTTIN, SIGTTOU, and SIGTSTP.