On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 10:51 AM, Corey Kovacs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Some of my users came to me today asking where xemacs went after a
> RHEL5.2 install. I didn't have a good answer for them except that
> someone seems to have decided that in RHEL, xemacs is dead. I am
> curious who made that decision and why? I am not an emacs user but I
> find it hard to digest that something like that would be removed.

I could see multiple reasons.

1. xemacs in the far past had a small user base in comparison to
emacs, vi or even joe (as seen by number of downloads and how many
systems have it installed.) It hasnt had any spectacular growth in
news that I could see that changing.
2. for a while there was not much work being done by anyone in Fedora on it.
3 It is also a large set of packages that duplicate stuff in emacs
(though in some ways better or worse depending on your religious
choices).

> Anyone?
>

> -Corey

Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux