In past, one of my clients was using domain auth with winbind mainly due to the
fact that we had multiple domains to login from and RHEL4u6 did not have a
cross realm support.

As of now client moved completely to RHEL5u4 and soon to be u7, he would like
to migrate to native krb auth.

Our backend infrastructure for AD is windows 2008 servers. My question is in
regards to user ID mapping. I would like to preserve/match the existing UID.

There are two domains, "MYDOMAIN" and "NEWDOMAIN" that is used by different
users.

With winbind, we used something like this on each host in order to get the UID
for each user - this setup would guarantee identical UID for each user on every
server.

How can the same be accomplished with native krb with cross realm support?

[global]
        workgroup = MYDOMAIN
        realm = MYDOMAIN.HOSTNAME.COM
        server string = Samba Client
        security = ADS
        obey pam restrictions = Yes
        passdb backend = tdbsam
        client NTLMv2 auth = Yes
        log file = /var/log/winbind
        local master = No
        dns proxy = No
        idmap uid = 1000 - 299999
        idmap gid = 1000 - 299999
        template shell = /bin/bash
        winbind separator = +
        winbind enum users = Yes
        winbind enum groups = Yes
        winbind use default domain = Yes
        winbind expand groups = 10
        winbind refresh tickets = Yes
        winbind offline logon = Yes
        idmap config MYDOMAIN:range = 100000 - 199999
        idmap config MYDOMAIN:backend = rid
        idmap config NEWDOMAIN:range = 200000 - 299999
        idmap config NEWDOMAIN:backend = rid