I f you want the same in multiple places HA without HA/clustering software
why not try a version control system (vcs) instead?

Not something i'd notmally recommend, but you did say no clustering
software. Main issue with this idea. Is lack of shared storage == higher
disk cost. However if you already have enough disk on each you are ok.