On Wed, 23 May 2012 at 2:26pm, Hugh Brown wrote

On 05/23/2012 01:04 PM, Alan McKay wrote:

I have a Sun J4400 SAS1 disk array with 24 x 1T drives in it connected
to a Sunfire x2250 running RHEL5.8

I used 'arcconf' to create a big RAID60 out of (see below).

But then I mount it and it is way too small :
[root@solexa1 StorMan]# df -h /dev/sdb1
/dev/sdb1             186G   60M  176G   1% /mnt/J4400-1

Here is how I created it :
*snip*
And then make an ext4 filesystem on that :

sfdisk's man page says "sfdisk doesn't understand the GUID Partition Table (GPT) format and it is not designed for large partitions. In these cases use the more advanced GNU parted(8)."

I'd try putting a gpt label on it and then redoing the mkfs

parted --script /dev/sdb mklabel gpt
parted --script /dev/sdb mkpart ext4 2048s -1s
mke4fs /dev/sdb1

Taking the block size * num blocks from the mke4fs output (and converting to GB) matches up with the 186GB that df is reporting.

Note also that ext4 is limited to 16TB. You'll need to use XFS for a filesystem larger than that.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin