On Fri, 25 May 2012, Alan McKay wrote:

Hey folks,

I have a 14TB disk array that I want to use for rsnapshot backups, and
am considering putting a dedup FS onto it.  I know I've got about a TB
of duplication, at least.  And it is not easy to remove manually.

Google lands me LessFS and SDFS as the prime candidates.  I'm running
RHEL5.8 if that matters.

thanks,
-Alan

Hi Alan,

If you're only looking for a dedupe-capable filesystem , then there's also VxFS from SF6.0 but it's not free. That's the only one so far that I tried on RHEL5.x (including RHEL5.8). I wrote a small entry about it if you wish to take a peek: http://vcojot.blogspot.fr/2012/03/vxfs-60-comes-with-de-dupe.html

Regards,

Vincent