Jun 28, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Kinzel, David <david.kin...@encana.com>
>wrote:
>>>I'm still playing around with things.  I'm seeing some weird stuff
>>>like multiple identical MAC addresses on a system.
>>>
>>>I'll figure it out...
>>
>> If you bond two devices they will both use the same.
>
>So the ifcfg-ethX file may have one MAC, but ifconfig might report another?
>
>Marco

This is correct. Both eth* devices in the bond pair will share the same MAC in
ifconfig output. The Ethernet device which becomes the first setup in the bond
will be used for both (so likely eth0's MAC if you have sane naming).

This email communication and any files transmitted with it may contain
confidential and or proprietary information and is provided for the use of the
intended recipient only. Any review, retransmission or dissemination of this
information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
receive this email in error, please contact the sender and delete this
communication and any copies immediately. Thank you.

http://www.encana.com