On 13 July 2012 05:32, Barry Brimer <li...@brimer.org> wrote:
>> Is there an elegant way to run some command or program to list off the
>> appropriate CVE's from my installed version of apache that I can paste
>> into
>> the dispute boxes the PCI folks offer for such purposes?
>

> That depends on your definition of elegant.  How about this:
>
> rpm -q <packagename> --changelog | grep CVE

You can also use the OpenSCAP set of tools, which use the data from
the Red Hat CVE to audit your system. This will reveal if you are
missing relevant updates.

SCAP is a NIST standard for automating auditing systems, and so can be
extended if you have need more auditing. For example, their is a
description available from the NIST checklist repository [1] which
audits the recommendations made in the NSA RHEL hardening guide [2].

I believe OpenSCAP is in the RHEL base.

[1] http://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/ncp/repository
[2]
http://www.nsa.gov/ia/mitigation_guidance/security_configuration_guides/operating_systems.shtml#linux2