Hi dale,

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 3:46 PM Dale Powell via rhythmbox-devel <
rhythmbox-devel@gnome.org> wrote:

> Is this mailing list even active? Not seen a single other post come
> through.....

The list is working, I see your messages come through.

But following this up because it has come to my attention that far more
> than the plug-in created by my friend has stopped working properly. Even
> the Alternative Toolbar, which is packaged as default and seems to be the
> most suggested plug-in for many people's issues on how Rythmbox works as
> default, does not work properly any more! (Try dragging to reorganise
> column order with latest version.) Surely the default plugins are something
> you don't want to break..... Is anything going to  be done about getting
> the program working properly again? I had hoped it might have just happened
> by now but months later and the situation is still borked!

It seems like there isn't much volunteer time available for Rhythmbox
maintenance at the moment. Jonathan is/was the only active maintainer in
recent times, but the last time he merged a patch in GitLab was 6 months
ago.

This raises an interesting question of how the project can continue.
Software projects work best when there is a dedicated maintenance team to
review and merge patches. This requires a good knowledge of the codebase
and a continual dedication of time, though. Is anyone interested in taking
on such a role?

Sam