Davide,

Did you check for extinction and preferred orientation? Otherwise what does a combined fit give? The difference of about 10 sigma suggests a remaining systematic error. What is the impact of refining anisotropically?

Good luck,

Jon

Davide Levy wrote:

Dear All,

I have a ”philosophic” question for you: the structure obtained by NPD are better than the ones found by XRPD?

I explain a little bit more my question, I studied a MgAlFeO4 spinel both by NDP and XRPD from RT to 1000°C. The O coordinate it is different for two data set (0.2581 vs.0.25953). The found error on the oxygen coordinate is about 10^-5 and 10^-4 for NPD and XRPD data respectively. The coordinate calculated from cation partitioning and cation radii is similar to the XRPD result.

At the moment I did not found a justification of this and I do not know which result is the ‘right one’.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you

Davide