With a 2D detector you see spots for "grains" and smooth peaks for "texture". You can also observe a collection of grains which exhibit texture giving a non uniform spot density. Usually by "grains" people expect randomised changes in intensity with small orientation changes. For "texture" there is a smooth variation of intensity with orientation change.

Which is which depends on your beamsize and instrument resolution in comparison to your grain size, and also what is the rocking width of an individual grain.

Best,

Jon