De : alan.he...@gmail.com [mailto:alan.he...@gmail.com] De la part de Alan Hewat
Envoyé : mardi 9 juin 2015 17:35
À : Alan Coelho
Cc : Othman Al Bahri; rietveld_l@ill.fr
Objet : Re: Powder Diffraction Discussion Group on Facebook

the Rietveld mailing list is still where the best knowledgeable is

That's encouraging Alan. Thanks. Concerning the number of posts you are right -
there are fewer now. I would like to think it's because we have an archive now,
and people profit from past answers rather than asking the same questions over
again, which used to be common. Or perhaps its because there are now more
channels of information.

While the number of posts has diminished, the number of members has grown
continually. There are now more than 1500, but some well known names only post
when they see a particularly interesting question. Whenever there is a good
question, we receive good answers.

As for insults, I thought Radovan's "cleavage between Troglodytes and Tweeters"
was quite amusing. And every time we have a little controversy, we get new
members.

One shouldn't assume that because fewer people post, there are fewer people
interested. But certainly prepare a graph if you wish. Just don't post it to
all 1500+ members :-)

Kind regards, Alan.
   Dr Alan Hewat, NeutronOptics, Grenoble, FRANCE
<alan.he...@neutronoptics.com<mailto:alan.he...@neutronoptics.com>>
+33.476.98.41.68
        http://www.NeutronOptics.com/hewat