To increase sensitivity to partial/mixed occupation and also solve the case of
3 or more atoms in the same site (you have an infinite number of solutions that
give you the same scattering factor, both x-ray and neutrons) we are developing
a combined XRD-XRF analysis. Some preliminary application examples were
published and we are preparing a full article on the theory behind.
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/288701415_Combined_X-Ray_diffraction_and_fluorescence_analysis_in_the_cultural_heritage_field

<https://www.researchgate.net/publication/288701415_Combined_X-Ray_diffraction_and_fluorescence_analysis_in_the_cultural_heritage_field>

Best regards,

Luca

Dipartimento di Ingegneria Industriale, Universita' di Trento,
via Sommarive, 9, 38123 Trento, Italy

e-mail address : luca.luttero...@unitn.it <mailto:luca.luttero...@ing.unitn.it>
Maud page : http://maud.radiographema <http://maud.radiographema/>.com

Phone number :+39-0461-28-2414