Hi Eskil,

hope this gets you further along:

Site.getRepInstance().resolveId(".Your.Element.ID").getProperties();

or if you're inside the element in question:

getElementInfo().getProperties();

Best regards,

Geert

On 25 Apr 2007, at 00:09, Eskil Lauritsen wrote:

Yes, so we can just make methods that will retrieve these properties
we set in the XML-file.

We realize we can do this by writing routines for reading the file and
parsing it, but it seems counter to what RIFE is about and we are
pretty sure there are some method in the API of RIFE we can use, for
instance getPropertyString. We just can't figure out how to call the
method.

Sincerely
Eskil Lauritsen

On 4/24/07, Geert Bevin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
You mean that you want to read the properties that are declared for a
RIFE element, elsewhere in your code?

On 24 Apr 2007, at 22:59, Eskil Lauritsen wrote:

> Hi
>
> This is also concering the LDAP-stuff we're doing for our university
> project, but more general
>
> We would like to take all the LDAP config stuff out of our java code
> and put it in auth.xml or a similar xml file
>
> How can we read/import our custom properties from that file?
> For instance, to specify the port that is to be used by LDAP:
> <property name="ldap_port">389</property>
>
> Sincerely
> Eskil Lauritsen

Geert Bevin
Terracotta - http://www.terracotta.org