On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 20:57:26 +0200 Christian Andretzky
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Hi,
>running rkhunter on debian etch I can find the following false
>alarm:
>
>[17:00:17]   - File /usr/bin/slice... WARNING! Exists.
>
>- maybe a file named /usr/bin/slice is a part of a known rootkit
>but in this
>special case this file is part of the slice package.

Good one, thanks for notifying. Maybe we should allow a whitelist
for /path/to/cmd's, that is, only if attributes like hash check out
OK.

Cheers, unSpawn

--
Click here to find a massage therapy school near you.
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4dE31II5f0AMAlZejzkvJgom9bHbVy2E3ECXyZolK6v6P78U/