On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 11:12:22 +0200 Simon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yesterday the cron daemon send me a mail because of a missing
file which rkh tried to access, (..)
> So I think this whole alarm was just a big failure of rkh, but
why?

Did you try to find out *why* the file suddenly disappeared to
start with?
Did you verify the package contents if you installed from RPM?
Did you use a checklist like
http://www.cert.org/tech_tips/intruder_detection_checklist.html to
guide your examination of the system?
(Any compelling reasons not to run current, which is version
1.3.0?)
Can you at least reproduce the situation and run RKH again to
produce a debug log?
* If you can then please bzip2 the log before attaching and send it
directly to John Horne and me.

Regards, unSpawn