I am having this same problem with rkhunter 1.30 on SLES 10

The report from the cronjob is showing:

Checking rkhunter data files...
  Checking file mirrors.dat[ No update ]
  Checking file programs_bad.dat[ No update ]
  Checking file backdoorports.dat[ No update ]
  Checking file suspscan.dat[ No update ]
  Checking file i18n/cn[ No update ]
  Checking file i18n/en[ Updated ]

and I am running /usr/local/bin/rkhunter --update --nocolors

It looks like the "" etc are spaces in X11; the number is
different depending on the length of the line.  I have tried both -x
and -X to autodetect (or not) X with no success. The machine is
actually not running X.

/usr/local/bin/rkhunter -c --cronjob --summary comes out OK.

/usr/local/bin/rkhunter -c --sk --nocolors looks fine on the screen,
but in the cron report comes out like:

Checking system commands...

  Performing 'strings' command checks
    Checking 'strings' command[ OK ]

  Performing 'shared libraries' checks
    Checking for preloading variables[ None found ]
    Checking for preload file[ Not found ]
    Checking LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable[ Not found ]

  Performing file properties checks
    Checking for prerequisites[ OK ]
    /bin/awk[ OK ]
    /bin/basename[ OK ]