Hi,

On Monday 29 October 2007, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> The "Pending Jobs" window looks like this:
> - Command Stack
>
>    |-- i=1; while (i>0) {}                     Running      U
>    |-- print(i)                                                           U
>
> At this point if I Cancel the "i=1;..." line then both commands get
> cancelled and R engine is idle again, But if I cancel the second
> command, "print(i)" then though both the cmds seem to be cancelled,
> the R engine is still busy...

I see. I think it's fixed, now.

> Is it possible to make the RConsole window inactive when there is a
> cmd running. Inactive from the point of view of taking (input) further
> characters at the cmd line, but still should be able to browse,
> select, copy etc... Anyway, this is a low-priority feature/bug, you
> might not want to concentrate on this ATM.

Isn't it already? Can you enter anything while a command is running? Can't
reproduce

Edit: Except for pasting, as I've just found out. This should be fixed, now
(also in the KDE3 version).

> I am not quite sure of this. I myself write codes that run more than
> 10 mins quite often. But then, the threshold can be configurable. We
> will have to think over it a bit - if a user says "NO" (i.e. do not
> stop), then will he be asked again after every k secs the same
> question? Or should the question be just one time, for every command
> that runs beyond the threshhold of k secs?

Hm, I'll have to think about this. One side issue is, that if there is
a "don't ask again" box, that usually means that the same decision is always
assumed in the future. This could lead to the situation that *all* commands
running longer than k secs are cancelled automatically, which does not sound
like a good idea.

Perhaps it should rather tell the user "If you want to cancel this command, go
to the Pending Jobs window", with a "don't show again" box. More like a
contextualized tip of the day.

Regards
Thomas