I'll restrict to the -devel list.

Firstly, a big Thanks to Thomas for keeping the project alive and
continuing the development.

I've recently set things up and have a running rkward 0.5.x on KDE
4.3.4 (Debian sid). But I do not get much time/chance to use it :(
(Stuck in office with RedHat!). So here is my few initial comments on
the 0.5.3-pre1 version from a brief usage:

1. File browser (Alt+1)

1a. Single click and double click: shouldn't it honor the default KDE
settings? Double clicking on a filename opens the files thrice (when
KDE default=single click) or twice (when KDE default=double click),
neither of which is correct.

1b. Can we save the view mode (Short view / Detailed view)? The "short
view" seems almost unusable with large number of files and/or large
filenames.

(I miss the List view from KDE3!)  (1b can be targeted after 0.5.3)

2. Shortcuts

2a. (Although this is specific to my setup, but can occur to others as
well.) Some of my codes are named blah.0.blahblah.r,
blah.1.blahblah.r, ..... As a reproducible case, create two (or 6)
script files: a0.R, a1.R (..,.a6.R) and open them. Now, Alt+0, Alt+1 (
..., Alt+6) become ambiguous ;) If this is tied to katepart, then at
least having an option to disable script tab shortcuts will be useful!
(For some reason this does not happen on KDE3's katepart) Sometime, at
this stage, a crash may occur - I haven't been able to
deterministically reproduce a crash.

2b. In the absence of Previous (or Next) Window, hitting Alt+< (or
Alt+>) inputs  "," (or ".") character into the script - which is
obviously dangerous. Ideally, the key combination should be disabled
in such situations.

2c. Window Left and Right are always disabled for some reason!

2d. "Run all" shortcut:
Has anyone done the mistake of hitting Shift+F9 instead of Shift+F8
(F9 and F8 are close enough)? My suggestion would be to not have any
default shortcut for "Run all" and let the user set one, if he/she
needs.

3. make plugintests

3a. Existence of R2HTML should be checked before starting any tests.
Otherwise it is really not any useful - all tests are skipped!

3b. The default size of output buffers (Command log / R Console) are
too small for plugintests' output. Can we call sink(file = ...) before
and after running the tests? (Or will every plugin need to be modified
for this?)

3c. Anyway, ignoring the --skipped-- tests, here are the FAILed ones:

shapiro_wilk_test             match          MISMATCH       match
(empty)  no             FAIL
ad_test                       match          MISMATCH       match
(empty)  no             FAIL

import_spss                   match          MISMATCH       MISMATCH
    ERROR          FAIL
import_stata                  match          MISMATCH       MISMATCH
    ERROR          FAIL

linear_regression             match          MISMATCH       match
(empty)  no             FAIL
shapiro_wilk_test             match          MISMATCH       match
(empty)  no             FAIL
ad_test                       match          MISMATCH       match
(empty)  no             FAIL

As Mat asked, what other "FAIL" output would be useful?

Regards,
--
Prasenjit