Hi,

On Monday 27 June 2011, meik michalke wrote:
> just a short note on that: it did fix it for the pre-defined output
> document. but if change the setting to another file, create some output,
> change output file again, and so on, the problem remains.

hm, strange thing. I managed reproduce the problem once, using the following
test-script:
  for (i in 1:5) {
        rk.set.output.html.file(tempfile())
        Sys.sleep (1)
        rk.print (i)
        Sys.sleep (1)
  }
and then closing the output windows one by one. After that, somehow I could
not reproduce it any more, no matter what I tried. No idea. But I have made
one more small modification in SVN, so perhaps it's worth testing once more. Of
course, either way, the proper place to fix this, is still in KDElibs.

> well, but maybe my approach was a bit too brute force to begin with... is
> there a better way to tell RKWard to write certain test results into one
> specific HTML file (other than rk.set.output.html.file())?

Good question. While rk.set.output.html.file() exists, so far, the general
assumption in RKWard is that there is _one_ output file, and the user will
rarely switch to a different file. In fact, there is not even a GUI-action for
switching to a different output file, so far.

Is this for a plugin, or for a (private) script? In the first case, I'd
recommend to stick with the "one output file for everything" approach, unless
you have a very convincing reason to do otherwise. In the second case, you
have a number of options:
1) Use R2HTML, directly, instead of rk.print() and friends.
2) Use a custom replacement for rk.set.output.html.file(), which does *not*
include the line '.rk.do.plain.call("set.output.file", x, synchronous = FALSE)'
(like the one in the rkwardtests package).
3) Uncheck Settings->Configure RKWard->Output->Show window on new output . This
way you won't be flooded with windows.

Regards
Thomas