Hi,

I am researching what would be the best way to get a robot (crawler) that
would search internet news sites with news that would be relevant for my
website.  This would be anything about Security/Hacking/Privacy.  I have a
list of sites I'd like to crawl as well as keywords that could be used.
I'd also like to be able to parse out the data from each article on my end
such as title, author, text, date of publication, URL, etc.  One issue that
I am aware of is that not every site likes people using bots on them.  Are
there ways around this?  Is anyone aware if any tech news sites offer
XML\file format export of their articles?  For large sites where I get lots
of articles, this would work well.  My goal is to instead of manually going
out to sites to find articles about security I want the articles and
relevant info to come to me.

Any help, or a point in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Christopher Braswell

Note:          The information contained in this message may be privileged
and confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible
for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby
communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the
message and deleting it from your computer.  Thank you.  Ernst & Young LLP

This message was sent by the Internet robots and spiders discussion list
([EMAIL PROTECTED]).  For list server commands, send "help" in the body of a message
to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".