--On Tuesday, July 10, 2001 01:22:26 AM -0500 Gerry Peters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Is there a way to program a robot to search every USA webpage
> permissable for my old webpage address and when it finds one to
> have it email me the URL of that page?

A robot has already done it, so you can ask it for the answer.

Go to an Inktomi-powerd site, like http://hotbot.lycos.com/
or http://search.msn.com/, and choose the advanced search.
Enter the URL as a search term, and choose "links to this URL"
as the type of search. Scroll down and check the "disable Best
Page Only" box. Click "Search". Bingo.

Some other engines also provide this feature, and will have
different pages in their index, so try this on other engines,
too.

wunder
--
Walter Underwood
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
This message was sent by the Internet robots and spiders discussion list
([EMAIL PROTECTED]).  For list server commands, send "help" in the body of a message