Hello Mr Tim Bray,

Thank you for the suggestion,
but according to my project specification
the crawler should be made in java.

I am facing some problems while implementing
the program,like i am using URLConnection Object to
obtain the connection.
But here i am not getting how to set a timeout period
for particular url.
The timout can be set, if we are using socket API
using setSoTimout, is there any way i can set the
timeout using URL Connections

Whether it is better to use the URLConnection API or
Socket API?

Thanks in Advance
Mohan