> The browser would have to recognize the file as an application and then
run it. Only a fool would activate that capability (if it exists),
> because otherwise any sort of worm, virus or trojan horse could get into
the system via an errant click or casual browse.
Well, for Netscape it seems to exist! Using signed scripts it could be
possible ... but what about MSIE?

> The only applications that auto-execute are helper applications. You could
write a helper app that executes after someone DLs myExe.exe. Your helper
app >would take the DL'd file myExe.exe and run a system command on it, thus
executing it automatically. Of course, you have to get the user to accept
your helper >app as such and install it on their system. They would have to
have a substantial amount of trust in you ;-)

Could you please get deeper in detail? I always wanted to let the user know
what I am going to do!
It should NOT autodownload and install without user's permission : )

Thank you,
Krystian