On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 6:05 PM, Avi Rappoport <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> New REP is supported by Yahoo, Google and Microsoft, adds ALLOW
> directive, wildcards, sitemaps, and more stuff to META tags.
>
> <http://www.ysearchblog.com/archives/000587.html>
> <
> http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2008/06/improving-on-robots-exclusion-protocol.html
> >

> I'm wondering how many of the site/intranet search engines are nimble
> enough to support these changes.
>
> Also, why <http://robotstxt.org> doesn't seem to be involved and
> there's no neutral protocol web site...

That site has described this mailing list as defunct for a long time, even
though it never was... and my emails to them don't seem to produce any
results.  I'm not sure there's anyone home there.

I have been very focused for the last few weeks on identifying spambots
because we've seen a big increase in them lately... so I'm particularly
interested in anything that helps us maintain white-lists of well-behaved
bots.

Nick
--
Nick Arnett