Hi,

I think the new volume setting is fine and the -db setting is very
intuitive when you get used to it. But I think it wasn't a good idea
to remove clipping prevention completely. The argument was: "almost no
hifi-equipment uses clipping prevention, so why should we use it?"
Rockbox is better than every other dap-firmware I have seen yet, so I
use it because it is NOT a standard software.

When I am using headphones I couldn't care less about clipping because
the highest volumes kill my ears so I don't use them. But I do connect
my H120 to my stereo equipment at home and then I have to set the
volume to line level. Before this new method was implemented, I could
turn volume up and everything was fine. Now I have to go tho the
options menu and have to scale the bass back manually to prevent
clipping.

You removed a very useful setting (scaling back bass/treble to prevent
clipping) just because it is more mainstream this way. Even the
original iriver-firmware does clipping prevention!

So I would suggest to include one (only one) option: "Apply Clipping
Prevention: YES/NO" which scales back bass and treble in the
background when it is set.

I hope you understand what I want to say. I'm not sure because english
isn't my native language.

Simon (from Germany)