On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 01:21:27 +0200, "Dominik Riebeling"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I just received the following mail today -- I guess because I recently
>edited the wiki page (at least it shows me as the last editor of the
>page up to now) and my mail address can be found on the wiki. I'm
>somewhat unsure how to react to this -- at least the mail doesn't seem
>to be forged. Should I direct him to rockbox-dev? Or is there any
>other "official representative" for stuff like this?
>
>I hope we can solve this issue pretty quickly.

This guy doesn't get to copyright the design of a game.  he can go for
a design or utility patent if he likes but the only thing his
copyright protects is the code (Rockbox certainly doesn't execute
Windows code) and the screens.

To the latter issue, I've spent some time comparing the screen of the
rock with the screen shot on popcap.com.  The jewel designs aren't
even close.  Neither is the layout.  This guy has no exclusive rights
to the laying out of jewels on a screen.  There is no copyright
infringement here.

This looks like a fine opportunity to stop the reflexive caving-in to
every Tom, Dick and Harry that screams "infringement" and send this
guy packing.

John
---
John De Armond
http://www.johngsbbq.com
Cleveland, Occupied TN
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.-Ralph Waldo Emerson