Manuel Dejonghe said:
> On 5/31/06, Mike Holden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Jonathan Gordon said:
>> > and battery life shouldnt be a reason to not release for
>> > h300 (not that it really means anything to most of the ppl
>> > watching this list..)
>>
>> How much of an issue is battery life on the 340 anyway? I use an
>> up-to-date daily build all the time (usually no more than a couple of
>> days out of date) on my 340, and I easily see about 8 hours of battery
>> life predicted, and I get through a full day's use each day, and
>> recharge overnight.
>
> really ? 8 hours ? I don't get one off it at the very moment, where I
> think the battery is still okay, I used it the other day with the
> iriver-software.
>
> Could it be you are using another (not up to date) bootloader ?

Yes, I regularly use the player for a large part of the day, and charge
overnight.

My day includes 2 car journeys of 1 hour each, plus 30 minutes walk
between car and desk each way. On top of that I easily listen to 3 or 4
hours of music during a working day, all on a single overnight charge. I
would say an absolute minimum of 4-5 hours every day, and often a lot
more.

Music is all 128 kbps mp3 files.

No idea which bootloader version I have, but it will date from around
March this year? Whatever was current at that time.

Actually, I just forced a reboot and the bootloader says version 5.
--
Mike Holden