Hello!

I am currently trying to make Rockbox on my 1st generation iPod nano
controllable by the remote control of my JBL On Stage II external
speakers.  I suppose both devices communicate via the serial bus and
Apple's Accessory Protocol.

I configured the serial port to run at 19200 baud with 8 data bits, no
parity checking and 1 stop bit.  I also enabled bit 3 of general purpose
port C and the serial device 0 itself (after a glimpse in the iPodLinux
serial driver implementation).

For first tests I just polled the serial interface for incoming data.
However, as I pressed a button on the remote control no data was being
received by the iPod.  So either the serial interface is not properly
set up or the JBL device is really not sending any data to the iPod (for
whatever reason).

Any ideas what I might have done wrong?  Do I need to activate a special
signal so that external devices "know" that an iPod is attached?

Any hints are welcome.

Christian